Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

My Dying Bride - The Manuscript (Peaceville, 2013)


Track Listing:


  1. The Manuscript (6.24)
  2. Var Gud Over Er (8.49)
  3. A Pale Shroud Of Longing (7.48)
  4. Only Tears To Replace Her With (4.20)
Synopsis: I am probably the last person who should try to review something by My Dying Bride, they have long been one of my favourite bands, however I can safely say that their latest release carries on the positive momentum they have been building over their last couple of albums. In some way it is a synopsis of the various forms they have taken over their career, though it is never overtly regressive, and it shows that the dark, gloomy outlook that they have all but perfected is still captivating. There are the heavy riffs, emotive violin and well placed quieter moments that you would come to expect and it is also great to hear some growls making their way to the fore. I could easily get used to this more prolific My Dying Bride, especially if they continue to produce doom of such a high standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment